Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thing #22

I used to use netlibrary alot when I was a grad student. I would view ebooks for research and found netlibrary to be such an invaluable media. I thought that I still had an account but since I've changed emails, my old account is lost somewhere in cyberspace. So I started from the beginning creating an account and found a book that I've been meaning to read, but haven't had the chance.. The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I had two options on downloading - either downloading to radio or CD quality. I downloaded to the CD quality because I was downloading to a flash drive. I was doing this from a staff computer since I don't have internet at home. (We've had to tighten up financially since we have a little one..) I figure that I'll listen to it at home and hopefully the quality is still good. The estimated time to download is 8 minutes, but it seemed longer as I anxiously waited for it.. anyway I'll be listening to this book at home. I've heard good reviews on it and wondering what I'll think of the quality of the downloaded version.

When I went into Overdrive, I had to view the ebooks because I was viewing from a staff computer. I put a book on hold and hopefully I will get to check it out soon so I can post my results.

No comments: