Monday, December 22, 2008

Best teacher Xmas ornament





Sometimes I rethink my decision on being a Librarian, but it's times like this that makes me feel that I really am affecting my customers.. The storytime customer who gave this to me is a shy one. She always clings to her grandparents. They tell me that she always raves about storytime and I would never have guessed this, because she rarely participates in the songs/fingerplays.

One time she came in with her parents instead of her grandparents and she strutted in - confident and smiling. She showed her parents around and she participated in some of the songs. It's nice to know that I have made an impact.

4 comments:

cherizca said...

That is very sweet.

L. Advie said...

Those lightbulb moments do make up for all the others don't they? Thanks for sharing the story and picture with us.

Dan said...

What a sweet thing to give you! I bet you are having an impact on the library patrons far beyond you can imagine! Take a look for my "I Love Libraries" post a while back. It was a dedicated librarian who nurtured my love of books.

Anonymous said...

hey groserita!
great job....i liked the cherry cordials best! and thanx 4 sharing :P