Thursday, March 24, 2011

Yesterday was my son's Birthday. I remember the moments before he was born. Before he came into this world of mine and changed it completely.. in so many ways and all for the better.

He loves books. He expects me to bring him new books when he sees me after school and after my work. He demands it. When I forget, he throws a fit! He loves books so much that he wants to go inside them. He shows us by putting his foot on top of the book and waiting to get inside the story, waiting for him to be put into that wonderful world of imagination!

The other day he told me something wonderful. I am in awe of what he tells me. In awe of his words, his conversations, his world as he sees it.

He told me "Leo hold my hand." We were talking about touch and how we don't touch strangers because we don't know them. We had just seen a guy on a motorcycle drive past us and he was saying he wanted to touch him and I said "No we don't touch strangers. We don't know him."

And then that is when he said "Leo hold my hand." And I asked him if Leo was his friend and he said "Yes." And I said "Do you hold Leo's hand?" And he said yes. I thought it was so wonderful that he shared this with me.

He changes my world, everyday, he changes my view of life, because I see things how I was raised, and how I grew up and now him coming along, he changes me.

For the better.

And I think it's fitting that my husband told me yesterday "And Happy Birthday to you too! Because it was also your birthday!" And yes, he's right. I was born all over again!

:)
Happy Birthday my son!

1 comment:

Antonia said...

That is so wonderful. I'm still a teenager, however, I'm of the maternal kind... when I dream of the time I'll become a mother, I also dream of traspassing my love for literature. It must be such a wonderful feeling.
(Don't worry, it's not like I'm thinking about becoming a mother for at least another 10 years.)